For my classes, I always recommend bringing a “basic craft kit”… but what does that even mean? What should be included in a “basic craft kit”?
Here’s my recommendations, and some links to my favorite tools and supplies. Most things can be found on Amazon, or at your local craft store.
- Sharp detail scissors (These are my favorites)
- A portable paper cutter (Similar to what I use.)
- Paint brushes (I love the variety in this set! I have several sets of these and use them everyday!)
- Your favorite glue and/or adhesives– Just make sure it’s Acid Free! (I prefer Elmer’s glue sticks and these tape runners!)
- Your favorite pens (I love the Sharpie pens! I love the fine tip ones the best!)
- Your favorite markers or colored pencils (My favorite markers right now are Tombow brush markers, and I’ve loved my Prismacolor colored pencils for 10+ years!)
Optional, but highly encouraged: a Bible mat
Optional items, but necessary if you are a stamper!
- A clear stamp mounting block
- Your favorite permanent black ink (I like the Illustrated Faith ink because it doesn’t bleed, but I also love Staz-On for it’s permanence.)
(Please note: some of these links may be affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something after clicking on my link, I may earn $$ from it. This helps keep the “lights on” on my website, at no extra cost to you! I can promise you I will never recommend or link to a product that I have not tested and loved myself!)